Yesterday I was pleasantly surprised to receive an email from Aljo from HIS TRAVEL AND WORK REPORTER informing me that I had been nominated for a Liebster Award.
After some research, I have discovered that the name originates from the German word Liebster, (and my German friends can help me cofirm this) meaning dearest, sweetheart and beloved. It is a virtual award that is given to bloggers by other fellow bloggers as a form of recognition. The idea is based on mutual acknowledgement and reciprocal promotion. It helps bloggers, and in particular newbies, to get noticed in the big blogosphere.
Firstly, I thank Aljo for his kind recognition, and for letting me know that he really enjoys reading my posts. He is also the first person to start following my blog! Aljo has an interesting focus that blends his work life seamlessly with leisure time, primarily travels. His blog talks about the fulfilment and balance of both. Don’t we all need that in our daily lives? We work hard, then play hard. So with that, you can check it out here.
Secondly, although I haven’t heard of the award until yesterday, I am now really digging this concept. We don’t live in a world in isolation from anything or anyone else, even at times we may appear so if we are just sitting in front of a computer. To grow, we need the support from those around us. We have been ingrained with the belief in the old paradigm that in order to succeed, we must compete, and be ‘better’. But what if it is cooperation, collaboration and appreciation that help one another to build dreams together?
So, back to the topic. There are a few guidelines that are meant to be followed, and I will copy and paste them so those who receive this award will also know what to do. There are minor variations of the rules, so I have decided to follow the ones that I like the most, as posted on http://wordingwell.com/the-liebster-award-the-official-rules-my-first-blog-award-and-a-few-personal-secrets-revealed/
The rules are as follows:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 1000 followers.
5. Create a new list of 11 questions for the blogger to answer.
6. List these rules in your post.
7. Inform the people that you nominated and provide a link for them to your post.
With this order, here are my answers to the 11 questions:
- How did you come up with your blog name?
The idea of the blog is to focus on travel and astrology together, which are two of my passions. I want to introduce a concept whereby utilising astrology, it can help to enhance and create greater understanding of travel experiences, and vice versa. The name kind of flew out of nowhere but it really fit.
2. What is your favorite post from your blog?
For now, I would probably have to say that my favourite post is HOW I FOUND HOME ON MY TRAVELS. Admittedly, “home” is a word that I have struggled to comprehend for the longest time. It is only lately that I have realised that home is not a physical place, but the sense of connection, of being One with all things, regardless of where I am, that makes me feel that I have come home.
3. What are your top 3 favorite foods?
Oh goodie, I am indeed a foodie. My favourites change from time to time, but the three food that I cannot go long without would be: Chinese dumplings, chocolates and pasta.
4. What is on the top of your bucket list or at least the thing you want to do that is on the top of your mind right now?
I am getting itchy feet and I’d like to travel again. Now I feel it is not quite the time yet, but I wish to meet more like minded people (on travels or not) who will help me to further my path as I also help them to further theirs.
5. What is your dream travel destination?
There are still so many, so many amazing places to get to. Right now I am very keen on going to Iceland, and to watch the most beautiful Aurora Borealis.
6. If you have a choice to live in a different city tomorrow, what city would it be?
New York City. I love the vibe of NY and have always wondered what it would be like to live there rather than just visiting as a tourist. And even though the Americans can be loud and controversial, those that I have come across are very open and highly diverse. I love them!
7. How would you describe your hometown to someone who has never been there before?
I guess I have two hometowns. I was born in Beijing, China then later migrated to Melbourne, Australia.
Beijing is the cultural hub of China. It has a wealth of heritages and retaining the history of Imperial China still remains as a very integral part of the city’s development. It is traditional yet dynamic, ever changing, always expanding. It is in constant hustle-bustle. Even there is more stringent control on cars now, the traffic is still pretty horrendous during peak hours!
Melbourne is quite the contrary. It is relaxed and laid back. Living in Melbourne means that nature is all around you and it is so easily accessible. You are next to the beach, close to the mountains, and you can all the time enjoy the blue beautiful sky. What most people don’t know about Melbourne is that it is eccentric, multi-cultural and diverse. In my opinions, it is the best city for savouring any cuisine at a reasonable price!
8. If you win a million dollars, how are you going to spend it?
I would celebrate it first with the people I love. Then invest it wisely. And with the regular inflow of my investment income, I can continue to pursue what I love to do the most.
9. If you were a country, what country would you be and why?
What an interesting question! I would probably wish to be a smaller sized, independent state that is not involved in the political drama and power plays that are going on right now! Luxembourg came to mind for some reasons, they have 3 official languages. And Iceland, I admire the way they have handled themselves through the economic crisis.
10. If you were given the chance to pick a talent, what would it be and why?
That would be the ability to play violins. I have learnt it for a very brief period of time and I absolutely adore the sound of violin. It takes a lot of hard work to be able to play a music instrument. So I’d like to skip all the hard work and start making beautiful music!
11. What is your favorite quote, preferably connected to travel?
This is a favourite both in travels and in life. “Life is a journey, not a destination” by Ralph Waldo Emerson
My nominations for the Liebster Award, in no particular order are:
- Petite Fromage
- Backpacking With Chad
- Global Drifting
- Kait Gets Lit
- The Strawberry Venus
- Nic Freeman
- Soulshine Traveller
- Respect the Blankie
- Ikundayou: Love & Life Continue
- Soonest Mended
- Unleashing Me
And my 11 questions are:
- What’s the inspiration behind your blog?
- Where in the world do you wish to be right now?
- Can you share a secret of yours that most people don’t know about?
- If there is one thing in the world that you would like to change and make a difference, what would that be and why?
- What would be your dream come true?
- Which ancient civilisation would you have liked to live in?
- What is it that you are the most proud of yourself? Be it an achievement or a personal trait.
- If you are to be greeted by an extraterrestrial on the streets one day, what would be the first thing that you want to tell them?
- What are the three things that you can’t live without?
- If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
- Now is your chance to share anything with us, what would you like us to know?
Thanks for all being fantastic bloggers for putting your heart and soul on a plate (via your blogs) and taking us along on your journey. So now, let the fun begin and over to you!
4 thoughts on “Astro Traveller nominated for a Liebster Award”
Thank you so much for the nomination ❤ I am just getting started with my blog, and support like this makes me very happy. I am looking forward to answering your questions and following your blog.
You are more than welcome. Thanks for following my blog and hope you enjoy, have fun in Korea and keep producing awesome posts!
Love and light,
I appreciate how you describe my blog. Thanks! And I enjoyed reading your answers. Its amazing that you answered two hometowns that are really different from each other. I wonder how did that affect you and I suggest you write an article about it. Just a suggestion. 🙂
Thanks Aljo, and thanks again for the nomination! It definitely has had a great impact on my childhood and also later on in the years. That probably has much to do with why I had spent so much time looking for “home”. Great suggestion, I will make sure to ponder upon this 🙂